Your organization provides important services to the people who need them most. Tech Writers Without Borders can help you develop and deliver the documentation and training resources that you need to support your staff and volunteers in achieving your mission.
Tech Writers Without Borders is a community of professionals who work in the technical writing and content development fields. Our volunteer teams have a wide range of skills in writing, technical documentation, web development, training development and more. Whether you need a simple document review or help with building a complete online training portal, we have volunteer teams who can help. Examples of project work that we can support include:
- standard operating procedures
- training materials for your staff
- marketing and commuications
- online documentation
- quick reference guides
- script writing
- proposal writing (wordsmithing)
How We Work
You will work with a project lead who will serve as a liaison between your organization and a volunteer team. We’ll ascertain your needs, scope a project, and get to work. At every stage of development, you will review and provide feedback on the project. Our goal is to provide what you need.
We understand that you have sensitive information. Our volunteers sign a confidentiality agreement. Everything you share with Tech Writers Without Borders and our volunteer teams is confidential.
Who we work with
Tech Writers Without Borders works with selected registered charities and non-profit organizations. If your organization provide any of the following types of services, you may be eligible for support:
- Relief to the poor
- Advancement of social and community welfare
- Advancement of culture or education
- Advancement of the natural environment
- Other purposes beneficial to the community
- Humanitarian assistance and disaster relief organizations
- Health services & related activities
- Religious organizations, registered as a charity, with a secular community designation that is separate from the church or religious organization that provides services to people regardless of their religious beliefs, and does not propagate a belief in a specific faith. Example: A food bank with charity status that is run by a church, but is a separate and unique organization that provides food and meals to anyone who qualifies for services, regardless of religious beliefs. N.B. Religious or faith-based organizations may be asked further questions to validate their application according to these criteria.
The following types of organizations are NOT eligible:
- Religious organizations without a secular community designation
- Commerce and trade associations without charitable aims or activities
- Political, labor or fraternal organizations
- Organizations that advocate, support, or practice discrimination based on age, ethnicity, gender, national origin, disability, race, size, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic background. All organizations must be willing and able to attest that they do not discriminate on any of these grounds in order to apply.
What are your needs?
If you are interested in working with the Tech Writers without Borders community to improve the quality of your volunteer and staff training and support materials, please tell us more about your organization and project by completing the form below. A member of our team will contact you to discuss your needs and determine how me may be able to help.