RobotsMali Big Summer STEM Quiz Project
From July-December 2020, Tech Writers Without Borders partnered with RobotsMali to create educational quizzes on science and technology topics for young students in French-speaking African developing countries. As the traditional RobotsMali summer camp had to be canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic, these quizzes were used to keep children interested in science and allow them to continue learning from home until face-to-face classes could resume.
TWWB volunteer writers helped to research and create quiz questions in both French and English. Topics included Computing, Artificial Intelligence, Robotics, Communication, Electronics, Hygiene and Health, Engineering, Mathematics, Programming, and more.
Our goal was to enable students to learn, to feel more engaged in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) subjects, to have fun and be inspired to do things in the future that will help their country. Questions relating to development challenges in Africa or on scientific or technical topics that apply to these problems were thus strongly encouraged.
- Project Name: RobotsMali Big Summer STEM Quiz Project
- Beneficiary: RobotsMali
- Objective: Develop and publish an online quiz series to keep school children in Sub-saharan Africa engaged in learning science and technology during the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond.
- Suitable for: Technical communication professionals and educators
- Project type: Unpaid virtual volunteer project
- Location: Virtual / Work from home
- Project Duration: July-December 2020
- Time commitment: 2-3 hours per quiz
- Number of volunteers: Unlimited